I get it now...

As a teenager, my Mom would walk in my room, just to ask how I was doing. I would brush it off, tell her to go away, or just say that I didn't want to talk right then. My life revolved around my friends, and that was it.

Fast Forward to me now being the Mother of a near teen, I feel that sting when she tells me "not right now" or "I'm fine Mom". This is a right of passage, we all go through this, it is something that is to be expected. However, June 12th, 2018 will mark the 10 year anniversary of my Mothers passing. Oh, how I wish she was here for this, for what I am going through right now, I wish I had her to call, I wish I had her to confide in and I wish she had the opportunity to relish in the whole "I told you so", that she very well deserved.  Me and my sister were no picnic, Lol!

I would love to sit on the porch with her and compare notes, I would love to hear her tell me how much my kids are like me at that age, or aren't like me at all, for that matter. I would just love to talk to her. But, I can't.

Unless you have lost a parent, I don't think you can truly understand how heartbreaking every good and bad moment in life can feel, especially when you lose a parent so young.

I get it now.

I will never have that person to call, I will never get those comparisons, or lack thereof. And she will never get the opportunity to be that person for me, My Mom.

It hurt on June 12th 2008, and it still hurts today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uneducated White Woman